And we’re up in the air!!
Art and Ricky were just finishing up the last of the foundation when I got home from work. The project started on October 3 and here we were on October 18 with the house foundation all but gone. So after 9 days of work (but 15 calendar days), the old stone and mortar foundation that served my home for 116 years was in a heap in my front yard thanks to the quick work of two guys, two machines and a whole lot of know-how.
So now we wait for Schroeder Concrete to arrive to start the replacement of the foundation. I continue to pray that the beautiful weather will continue throughout this next portion of the project. It needs to stay warm for the concrete to be poured.
Calm weather would be nice, too. Art tells me the house can withstand a 90 mph wind without falling off the cribbing. Let’s hope we don’t have to test that.
Until next time…
Salvaging A Farmhouse is a series of blog posts that chronicle my experience of renovating and reclaiming our 1900 farmhouse. This is a project that is over a decade in the making. We were working towards some pretty serious renovations on the house until my husband became sick with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and died 9 weeks after his diagnosis. My kids and I have been left with the task of completing what we started all those years ago. Every house and every family have a story and this is the story of ours.